Beignet Fest will feature more than 30 beignet creations from Louisiana food vendors and some of the area’s favorite bands. The fest returns to the Festival Grounds at City Park on Oct. 6.
Festival organizers announced the full slate of food vendors and musical lineup along with event details, according to a release.
Some of the vendors will include local favorites like Cafe du Monde, Katie’s Restaurant, New Orleans Coffee & Beignet Company and The Ruby Slipper Cafe. The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
“This year’s festival promises to be the biggest yet,”festival founder and event producer Sherwood Collins said. “We have more beignet dishes than ever before, bigger musical acts – and we also have the benefit of a title sponsor for 2018 with local favorite, French Market Coffee.”
The complete menu and musical lineup for Beignet Fest is outlined below and can found at www.beignetfest.com.
Food vendors include:
- Café du Monde: Traditional Beignets for VIP Patrons Only: 10AM to 12PM (noon)
- Girls Gone Vegan: Gluten Free Traditional Beignets, Gluten Free Tomato Basil Garlic Beignets, Gluten Free Brownies
- Grannie’s Cooking Pot: Seafood Beignets, Shrimp and Grits, Fried Catfish Sandwich, Crawfish Spinach Dip
- Howlin’ Wolf: Bacon Cheddar Beignets with Chipotle Crema
- Jambalaya Guy: Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- Katie’s Restaurant: Crawfish Beignets
- La Vie En Rose Café: Shrimp and Crab Beignets, Nutella Beignets, Boudin Beignets, Shrimp and Grits
- Legacy Kitchen: Beignets with Crawfish Cream Sauce
- Loretta’s: Praline Beignet, Chocolate Praline Beignet, The Famous Crabmeat Beignet, BBQ Chicken Beignet, Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jelly Beignet, Shrimp Salad Beignet, Pralines
- Luca Eats: Oreo Beignets, Ville Platte Gumbo, Chocolate Chip Cookies
- New Orleans Coffee & Beignet Company: Traditional Beignets
- Off da Hook Creole Catering: Pecan Truffle Beignets, Strawberry Caramel White Chocolate Beignets, Mac ‘n’ Cheese & Beignets, Lobster Tail & Beignets with Shrimp Beurre Blanc, Peach Cobbler a La Mode & Beignets
- Old School Eats: Blackberry Cloud Beignets, Bacon and Maple Beignets, Mint Limeade
- Sno-La: Beignet Snoball, Cafe Creme Snoball, Traditional Snowball, Hot White Chocolate
- Southern Grit Flavor (from San Antonio, TX): Churro Beignets, Cilantro Pesto Beignets, Banana Pudding Beignets, Beignet Flight
- Sweet Legacy: Fried Chicken and Beignets, Honey Pecan Beignets, Chicken Cracklin’
- The Ruby Slipper Café: Cochon Beignets, Bananas Foster Beignets, Vietnamese Coffee Beignets
- The Vintage: Cinnamon Sugar Beignet Bites
- Valerie’s Creole Sneaux Catering: Shrimp Étouffée Beignets, Fruit Beignets, Étouffée with Fries and a Beignet, Pickles
- Zippy Fruit: Zippy Fruit Cone, Smoothie Pops, Pirate Beignet Crumble, Watermelon Slice
The musical lineup includes:
- Confetti Park Players (10:15AM)
- The Imagination Movers (11:45PM)
- Soul Project (1:45PM)
- Eric Lindell (3:15PM)
- The Original Pinettes Brass Band (5:00PM)
Additional elements of the festival include a Kid’s Village presented by Ochsner Hospital for Children, as well as an Artist Market with local and regional artwork and crafts for sale. Beignet Fest merchandise featuring tees and tanks will be for sale on site, as well. Fest goers can purchase Beignet Fest merchandise ahead of the festival online.
Collins expects 20,000 to 25,000 people will attend the festival this year. For those looking for a few perks, Beignet Fest is offering a VIP Experience that includes a prime, private viewing space near the stage, complimentary beignets and beverages from Café du Monde from 10AM to 12PM and other perks throughout the day. Complete information and tickets for the VIP Experience are available on the Beignet Fest website.
Beignet Fest is a project of the Tres Doux Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization which makes grants to local autism programs annually based on the proceeds from the festival. The event and its foundation were created by Collins and his wife, Amy, inspired by their journey with their son, Liam, who is on the autism spectrum. To date, the Tres Doux Foundation has made more than $30,000 in grants to local nonprofits including YMCA of Greater New Orleans, Families Helping Families, the Autism Society of New Orleans and Ochsner Hospital for Children.
You may also like: