Beignet Fest will feature more than 30 creative and traditional beignet creations from Louisiana food vendors at the Festival Grounds at City Park on Oct. 5. Organizers for the event announced the full slate of food vendors and menu offerings.
Some of the vendors will include local favorites like Cafe du Monde and Loretta’s Authentic Pralines, along with new additions like Diva Dawg and Coffee Rani. The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For the first time, the festival will also now charge a $5 general admission fee. Organizers say they introduced the new admission fee “to continue to grow and fulfill its mission.”
The full slate of food vendors is outlined below and can found at www.beignetfest.com.
2019 Beignet Fest food vendors and menu:
- Afrodisiac Food Truck: Jerk Chicken Beignet, Jamaican Beef Patty Beignet, Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Beignet
- Any O’Cajun: Crawfish and Corn Beignets, Crab Slider
- Café du Monde: Traditional Beignets for VIP Patrons (served in VIP Experience Tent 10 am to 12 noon)
- Camellia Brand: Red Beans and Rice
- Cocoa and Cream Catering Food Truck: Fig and Cream Cheese Mardi Gras Beignet, Smoked Pulled Pork Beignet, Monte Cristo Beignet
- Coffee Rani Food Truck: Tiramisu Beignet Fries, Blueberry Beignet Fries
- Diva Dawg: Crawfish Étouffée Beignet Fries, Crown Apple Pie Beignets, Crabmeat Grilled Cheesy
- Girls Gone Vegan: Gluten Free Traditional Beignets, Gluten Free Savory Beignets, Gluten Free Brownies
- The Howlin’ Wolf Den: Award-Winning Bacon Cheddar Beignets with Chipotle Crema
- Jambalaya Guy: Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya, Jamburrito
- Legacy Kitchen: Beignets with Crawfish Cream Sauce
- Loretta’s Authentic Pralines: Praline Beignet, Chocolate Praline Beignet, Famous Crabmeat Beignet, Burger Beignet, BBQ Chicken Beignet, Peanut Butter and Jelly Beignet
- Luca Eats: Oreo Beignets, Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo, Chocolate Chip Cookies
- New Orleans Coffee & Beignet Company: Traditional Beignets
- Oh La Vache: Beignet Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Oh, Taste and See: Beignet Bread Pudding, File Gumbo with Seafood, Shrimp and Crabmeat Pasta
- Old School Eats: Blackberry Cloud Beignets, Bacon Maple “No Brainer” Beignets, Beignet Churro Sticks
- SNO-La Snowballs: Beignet Snoball, Cafe Creme Snoball, Traditional Snowballs
- Sweet Legacy: Fried Chicken and Beignets, Honey Pecan Beignets, Chicken Cracklin’
- Ruby Slipper Café: Pork Cochon and Hollandaise Beignets, Bananas Foster Beignets
- Valerie’s Creole Sneaux Catering: Shrimp Étouffée Beignet, Fruit Topping Beignet, Snoballs in the Kids’ Village
- The Vintage: Cinnamon Sugar Beignet Bites
Additional elements of the festival include a Resource Walk and Kid’s Village, as well as an Artist Market with handmade, local arts and crafts for sale. There will also be an Abita Beer Garden with yard games and shaded tent.
Revelers will enjoy live, local music all day with Imagination Movers, RumpelSTEELskin, Honey Island Swamp Band, Hot 8 Brass Band and Big Sam’s Funky Nation.
Beignet Fest is a project of the Tres Doux Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization which makes grants to local autism programs annually based on the proceeds from the festival. The event and its foundation were created by Sherwood Collins and his wife, Amy Collins, inspired by their journey with their son, Liam, who is on the autism spectrum.
To date, the Tres Doux Foundation has made more than $60,000 in grants to local nonprofits including: Building A Better 2Morrrow, YMCA of Greater New Orleans, Audubon Zoo Camp, Upturn Arts, Families Helping Families of Southeast Louisiana, Autism Society of New Orleans and Ochsner Hospital for Children’s Michael R. Boh Early Childhood Center.
General admission to Beignet Fest is $5 and can be purchased in advance or at the gate. Children 12 years old and under are free with paying adult.
For revelers looking for a few perks, Beignet Fest is offering a VIP Experience that includes a prime, private viewing space and covered tent next to the stage with complimentary coffee and beignets from Café du Monde (10 AM to 12 NOON), plus a Bulleit Bourbon Cocktail and Abita Beer Happy Hour (2 PM to 6 PM).
Complete information and tickets are available on the Beignet Fest website. Beignet Fest merchandise featuring tees, hats and totes will be for sale on site, as well. Fest goers can purchase Beignet Fest merchandise ahead of the festival online.