For the second year in a row, Beignet Fest organizers launch a pop-up event in lieu of the festival, which was canceled due to the recent COVID-19 surge. The event, called “Beignet Fest in Place,” features food vendors slated to participate at this year’s event on Sept. 25.
As a festival alternative, participating vendors in New Orleans and Baton Route will serve signature beignet dishes at their restaurants.
Organizers of Beignet Fest also ask patrons to consider donating the value of their $20 festival ticket purchase to the Tres Doux Foundation to help them reach their yearly goals.
Participating food vendors include:
- The Vintage New Orleans (3121 Magazine St.) serving Matcha Beignets, Cinnamon Beignet Bites and Crawfish Beignet Bites
- The Vintage Baton Rouge (333 Laurel St., Baton Rouge) serving Matcha Beignets, Cinnamon Beignet Bites and Crawfish Beignet Bites
- Loretta’s Authentic Pralines (1100 N Peters, Stall #9 in the French Market) serving Traditional Beignets, Praline Beignets, Chocolate Beignets, Crawfish Beignets, Burger Beignet and PB&J Beignet
- Ruby Slipper Café (200 Magazine St., 204 Decatur St., 2001 Burgundy St., 2802 Magazine St., 315 S Broad St., 2700 Metairie Rd.) serving Cochon Beignets and Pumpkin Praline Beignets
- Howlin’ Wolf Den (907 S Peters St.) serving Bacon Cheddar Beignets with Chipotle Crema
- Luca Eats (7329 Cohn St.) serving Oreo Beignets
In 2020, organizers launched a similar pop-up event after the event was canceled due to COVID-19. “Beignet Fest at Their Place,” a socially-distant food vendor pop-up event, in lieu of the festival due to COVID-19.
Organizers say they are looking forward to returning in 2022.
Stay connected with NOLA Weekend!
NOLA Weekend is the ultimate destination for New Orleans food, things to do, culture, and lifestyle.