Big Easy Con, a new pop culture convention, will head to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans on June 1 and June 2.
The first-ever event will launch this summer, “combining the excitement of the French Quarter with the passion and community of pop culture fandom,” according to a release.
The two-day weekend event will celebrate the art of gaming, sci-fi, cosplay, fantasy, and everything in between. Fans will be able to explore hundreds of hours of programs including: Celebrity and expert-driven panels discussions; exclusive reveals; cosplay fashion shows; gaming tournaments; iconic pop culture art exhibits; video game showdowns; and a diverse array of activities for fans of all ages.
A family-friendly pavilion called Big Easy Con Jr. will also bring new and beloved toy and pop culture brands together in one area for an interactive and fun-filled live event open to kids and parents.
Attendees will have the opportunity to see esteemed comic publishers at the event, such as Dark Horse Comics and Oni Press and Legendary.
The Big Easy Con will also include Artist Alley, a curated section of the exhibit hall floor for independent and mainstream comic creators, webcomic artists, professional writers/illustrators and 2D artists. Makers Market will feature an exhibit showcasing artisans and crafters original hand making goods for guests to enjoy.
“In its inaugural year, Big Easy Con is celebrating the one-of-a-kind culture and people that make New Orleans one of the best cities in the world. It promises to bring together fans of all ages across the Southeast for a convention unlike any other,” the release says.
Guests from all sides of fandom will gather in New Orleans to meet and take photos with fans, sign autographs and discuss their legendary careers and upcoming projects.
Here’s a list of confirmed guests for Big Easy Con:
- Amy Jo Johnson (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie)
- Lennie James (AMC’s The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Low Winter Sun, Jericho)
- Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- C. Thomas Howell (The Outsiders, Side Out, Asylum Days, The Amazing Spider Man)
- Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Beauty and the Beast, Blade II, Sons of Anarchy)
- Kristin Bauer (True Blood, One Upon a Time, The Crew, Hidden Hills)
- Laurie Holden (AMC’s The Walking Dead, The X-files, The Majestic, The Shield, The Mist)
- Lou Ferrigno (Incredible Hulk)
- Robert Englund (Nightmare on Elm Street)
- Superstar Big E™ (WWE®)
- Superstar Xavier Woods™ (WWE®)
- Adam Kubert (X-Men, Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, Superman, Ghost Rider, Wolverine)
- Charles Soule (Daredevil, She-Hulk, Death of Wolverine)
- Chrissie Zullo (Vampirella, Josie and the Pussycats, Fables: The Wolf Among Us, Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love)
- David Finch (Ultimate X-Men, The Death of Captain America, X-Men: Messiah CompleX, and X-Men: Second Coming)
- Jeff Parker (Agents of Atlas, X-Men First Class, Hulk, Flash Gordon, Batman ’66, Aquaman, Future Quest, Thunderbolts, Justice League United)
- Kyle Starks (Sexcastle, Rock Candy Mountain, Secret Wars, Too, Invader Zim, Rick and Morty)
- Peter Tomasi (Batman and Robin, Robin Rises: Omega, Superman/Wonder Woman)
Single day tickets and weekend passes are available. Prices increase on April 28.
Saturday admission is $40. Sunday admission is $35. Two-day weekend passes cost $60. Premium weekend passes are $99. Kids admission for ages 3 to 10 cost $10, which is valid for full weekend or any day individually.
VIP passes & experiences range from Fast Pass ($149) to the limited quantity—Ron Perlman Premium Package ($299) and Robert Englund Premium package ($374). Autographs, photo ops, and Q&A session attendance are not exclusive to VIPs.
Exhibit hall hours at Big Easy Con on June 1 are from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., with programming lasting until 10 p.m. Exhibit hall and programming hours on June 2 are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Organizers say the Big Easy Con website will be updated regularly with new guests, exhibitors and special programming.
For more information about Big Easy Con, visit the website, www.Bigeasycon.com.