Aarón Sánchez, Issac Toups, Nina Compton and Donald Link are among the chefs bringing their most creative boudin dishes to the ninth annual Boudin, Bourbon & Beer. The Emeril Lagasse Foundation released the menu for the big boudin bash heading to Champions Square on Nov. 8.
Emeril Lagasse Foundation’s signature outdoor food and music festival features a lineup of more than 70 local and national chefs.
Chef Emeril Lagasse, along with co-chairs Donald Link, Stephen Stryjewski and Aarón Sánchez will host this evening of food, music and philanthropy that puts Louisiana’s famous Cajun sausage in the spotlight.
The event showcases award-winning chefs preparing their own creative styles of boudin sausage.
Some local restaurants set to show off delectable dishes include Gris Gris, Toups’ Meatery, Commander’s Palace, Meril, Brigsten’s, Blue Oak BBQ, Justine and Bywater American Bistro, among others.
Attendees will find more than 70 boudin-inspired dishes at Boudin, Bourbon & Beer. See the full menu at the website.
Here’s a preview of some items from the 2019 Boudin, Bourbon & Beer menu:
- Cory Bahr, Parish Restaurant (Monroe, LA) – Whole Hog Boudin
- Frank Brigtsen & Emily Pfeifer, Brigtsen’s – Vegetarian Smoked Mushroom Boudin
- Eric Cook, Gris Gris – Smoked Boudin Blanc, Bacon Braised Brussels with Bourbon Blueberry Syrup
- Nina Compton, Compère Lapin/Bywater American Bistro – Jerk Pork Banh Mi
- Justin Devillier, La Petite Grocery/Justine – Fried Rice Boudin with Sesame Mayo, Peanut Furikake
- Jonathan & Justin Fox, Fox Bros. BBQ (Atlanta, GA) – Red Beans & Rice Boudin with Duck Tasso
- Michael Gulotta, MayPop/MoPho/Rum and the Lash – Boudin Chimichanga with Spicy Mustard
- Alex Harrell, The Elysian Bar – Merguez Meatballs with Smoked Sweet Potato Harissa & Apples
- Donald Link, Link Restaurant Group – Cajun Boudin with Cochon Mustard
- Tory McPhail & Chris Lynch, Commander’s Palace – Cochon de Lait Tostada
- Michael Nelson, GW Fins – Salmon Belly Yakitori, Umeboshi Glaze, Kimchi Slaw
- Kris Padalino, Brennan’s Restaurant – Banana Bourbon Bacon Moonpie
- Allison Richard, High Hat Café – Boudin Meatloaf
- Stephen Stryjewski, Link Restaurant Group – Fried Boudin Tamale with Jalapeño Glaze
- Leighann Smith, Piece of Meat Butcher – Boudin Eggrolls
- Isaac Toups, Toups’ Meatery/Toups South – Boudin White Bread Sammy
Related: The Night I had dinner with Emeril
Guests can enjoy a variety of cocktails from some of New Orleans’ top mixologists in the Buffalo Trace Bourbon Tent and taste specialty brews and cask selections in the Abita Beer Garden Tent. Open bars stocked with premium spirits, fine wines and more will also be available.
Attendees will have access to an exclusive silent auction featuring custom dining experiences and restaurant packages curated by featured chefs, as well as a cigar-tasting hosted by Nat Sherman.
The music lineup features Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Grace Potter, Fruition and Motel Radio.
Tickets are $135 in advance and include all food, beverage and entertainment. Ticket prices will increase to $150 on Nov. 1.
Proceeds from Boudin, Bourbon & Beer allow the Foundation to support children’s culinary and nutrition education programs throughout the year, including its signature program, Emeril’s Culinary Garden & Teaching Kitchen, a national education initiative created to enrich the lives of elementary and middle school children through a fun, fresh perspective on food.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the website BoudinBourbonandBeer.com.
Stay connected with NOLA Weekend!
NOLA Weekend is the ultimate destination for New Orleans food, things to do, culture, and lifestyle.