Trying to figure out your Carnival costume? Here are some tips and tricks to know before going wig shopping.
Many Carnival revelers like to stand out among the sea of parade-goers with eye-catching costumes. Midori Tajiri-Byrd says Carnival is an excuse to get more colorful, especially by throwing on a wig. Opting for a wig not only makes you visible in the crowd to get more throws, it can also keep your hair looking good during the entire parade. In the video, Tajiri-Byrd takes us wig shopping at Kawaii Nola and offers some great tips to consider before purchasing a wig.
Tajiri-Byrd also pinpointed some local shops you can turn to when shopping for your Carnival costume:
Wigs, Costumes, Accessories and Makeup
- Kawaii Nola: 4826 Magazine Street
- Miette: 2038 Magazine Street
- Uptown Costume & Dancewear: 4326 Magazine Street
Vintage and Costume
- Miss Claudia’s Vintage Clothing & Costumes: 4202 Magazine Street
- No Fleas Market: 4228 Magazine Street
- Buffalo Exchange: 4119 Magazine Street
- The New Orleans Costume Center: 2716 Royal Street
Photo courtesy: Lady Robin Walker
You may also like: