From Canal Street staples like Palace Café to Warehouse District hot spots like Sofia, several Downtown New Orleans restaurants welcome diners once again.
While more restaurants move to dine-in service, others offer takeout or curbside service.
“Early into the COVID stay-at-home order, the DDD began advocating for temporary blanket permission for restaurants to use public rights of way in order to expand seating capacity,”DDD President & CEO Kurt Weigle said in a statement on the website. “We have heard from our stakeholders that this additional seating can make a real difference to the viability of our Downtown restaurants that must operate under current spacing requirements, so we applaud the City’s step in this direction.”
The Downtown Development District team also says they continue to sanitize high-touch points throughout Downtown. Some sanitization measures include daily wiping down of trash receptacles, benches, and other touchpoints with disinfectant, including pressure washing transit shelters and public sidewalks.
The Downtown Development District released a list of restaurants currently operating downtown:
- Aqua S – Open Mon. – Sun. 12 PM – 6:30 PM.
- Bittersweet Confections – Opening daily at 7:30am for coffee and offering their full breakfast, brunch and lunch menus throughout the day. Available for takeout and delivery only within the Warehouse District. Bakery is still open and taking requests. Full service bar. Kitchen closes at 2:00pm. (504-523-2626)
- Blaze Pizza – Delivery and takeout options via online ordering at blazepizza.com or calling. Inside pickup also available. Normal hours: 11 AM – 9 PM.
- Bonci Pizzeria – Curbside Delivery and Pickup Available | (504) 766-6071
- Brother’s Chicken at 148 Carondelet St. – Open 24/7 | (504) 592-1113
- Cafe at the Square – To Go Orders Daily until 8:00pm | (504) 304-7831
- Carmo – Open for takeout and limited delivery Tuesday – Saturday from 11:30am – 9:00pm | Offering free meals to those in need, but you must register on their website | (504) 450-4620
- Cleo’s Mediterranean – Pickup and Delivery Available from 10:00am – 2:00am | (504) 522-4504
- Crescent City NOLA Creations – Please contact local Artist and Musician, Vernon Cook or by phone at (504) 357-7192
- Dickie Brennan & Co. – Switched to-go and delivery service to Bourbon House and changed the menu.
- Domenica – Hours: 11:00am – 8:00pm | Curbside | Delivery through UberEats | Menus: Regular menu at discounted prices and family-style menu
- Domino’s Pizza at 135 Carondelet St. – Open Daily from 10:00am – 11:00pm | (504) 525-3663
- Fogo de Chao – Sun – Thurs from 11:00am – 8:30pm | Fri – Sat from 11:00am – 9:30pm | Available for curbside pickup | Catering and butcher shop options (meat to buy and grill at home) also available | (504) 412-8900
- G’s Tasty Pizza – Open every day from 11:00am – 9:00pm offering take-out and delivery | (504) 299-8792
- Great American Cookies – Accepting phone orders at (504) 309-9650 and offering free local delivery. Also available for online ordering through UberEats and Waitr.
- Jimmy John’s at 900 Poydras – 10:00am – 5:00pm | Available for Takeout or Delivery
- Josephine Estelle – Now open for delivery and takeout daily 11AM – 9 PM. Starting 5/22, dining-in brunch and lunch will be available where space allows. Weekends only. Reservation highly encouraged on opentable.
- Keife & Co. – Open Monday – Saturday from 12:00pm – 4:00pm for curbside pickup or to schedule a delivery | (504) 523-7272 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kolache Kitchen – Open M-F from 7:00am – 2:00pm for to go only | (504) 841-9686
- La Cocinita at Pythian Market – Open for free delivery + curbside pickup.
- Luke – Hours: 11:00am – 8:00pm | Curbside | Delivery for free when called in | Delivery through UberEats | Menus: Regular menu at discounted prices and family-style menu
- Magasin Kitchen – Takeout only. Normal hours: 11:00am – 9:00pm, closed on Sundays. 504.571.5677 | Delivery available for South Market residents; Magasin staff can walk it up to their apartments and leave at their front door.
- Magazine Pizza – Open 11:00am – 10:00pm for takeout and delivery | (504) 568-0211
- Mammoth Espresso – Open Weekdays 7:00am – 5:00pm | Open Weekends 7:00am – 3:00pm | Curbside Pickup Available | Call or Test (504) 475-4344
- Mother’s Restaurant – Offering Takeout from 10:00am – 6:00pm | (504) 523-9656
- Nesbitt’s Poeyfarre Market – Open | (504) 522-5252
- Palace Cafe – Their dining room is now open at 25% capacity and are offering seating in their open air dining option | 11:00am – 8:00pm | (504) 523-1661
- Pinkberry – Opening June 1
- Pythian Market – Open every day from 12:00pm – 8:00pm. Offering free delivery & curbside pickup for all online orders, plus groceries household essentials beer & wine artisan cheeses.
- Red Gravy – Open Wednesdays from 1:00pm – 2:00pm for pickup of family style meals that you heat and eat at home. | (504) 561-8844
- Singha Thai Café – Open 5:00pm – 9:00pm for takeout and delivery through Postmates, UberEats, Waitr and Doordash | (504) 581-2205
- Smoothie King (On Poydras in the Pan Am building) – Open from 6:00am – 9:00pm
- Sofia – Open Wed – Sun from 3:00pm – 9:00pm | Takeout and Delivery Available | (504) 322-3216 | The team at Sofia announces “Sofia Serves,” a GoFundMe campaign to expand food deliveries to local New Orleans hospitals and healthcare facilities amid the COVID-19 crisis. Their goal is to raise $20,000 to support their efforts.
- Starbucks – Open Mon. – Sun. 6 AM – 6 PM
- Tommy G’s Coal Fired Pizza – Full menu available for Pickup and Takeout Daily from 11:00am – 4:00am | (504) 358-2006
- Tsunami Sushi – Open M-F from 4:00pm – 8:00pm | Offering to go Orders | (504) 608-3474
- Viet Orleans – Open M-F from 11:00am – 9:30pm for Take-Out and Waitr delivery | (504) 333-6917
- Welty’s Deli – Offering their Catering Menu. Please call 24 hours ahead at (504) 592-0223 | Check their Facebook page for daily specials.
- Willa Jean – Open for curbside pick-up and delivery. Mon. – Sun. 7AM – 3 PM. National delivery available through Goldbelly.
- W.I.N.O. – Delivery or Pickup within the CBD. Hours 1:00pm – 9:00pm | Call 504.592.7090 to schedule.
For more information and updates, visit the Downtown Development District website.
Created in partnership with the Downtown Development District