Pimento Cheese, Cajun Spice, Fried Pickels and Ranch Lay’s Potato Chips? Yup, they’re real, and they’ve got our mouth watering!
These new flavors are a few of the eight regionally-inspired flavors the potato chip giant is releasing this year and the launch is the most flavors the brand has EVER introduced.
The eight new flavors are a part of Lay’s “Taste of America” and represents “distinctive sources of local pride across the nation that flavor fans will be sure to enjoy.” The Louisiana-themed “Cajun Spice” flavor is “inspired by the flavors of the Gulf Coast,” according the the Lay’s website.
These flavors will be in stores beginning July 31 through September and fans can also purchase any of the eight flavors by heading to the Lay’s website, Amazon.com, Walmart.com or Jet.com.
Lay’s will celebrate our regional flavor, Cajun Spice, at the Shrimp & Petroleum Festival in Morgan City from August 31-September 2.
Here are all of the flavors and their descriptions, in addition to festivals where they will be featured.
- Cajun Spice (Central Gulf): Prominently featured across beloved dishes like Jambalaya and Blackened Cajun Chicken, this Gulf Coast iconic flavor includes a mix of garlic, paprika, onion, and oregano. The flavor celebration will take place at the Louisiana Shrimp & Petroleum Festival in Morgan City, La., from August 31 – September 2.
- Chile Con Queso (Texoma, Mountain, SoCal): Inspired by a Southwest favorite, this flavor infuses the legendary Tex-Mex taste of velvety cheddar queso with a dash of spice. The flavor celebration will take place at the Houston Food Fest on August 18.
- Crab Spice (Mid-Atlantic): Inspired by crab shacks along the Atlantic, this flavor is a taste of the Bay with custom-blended spices ready to savor. The flavor celebration will take place at Chesapeake Crab & Beer Festival in National Harbor, Md., on August 18.
- Deep Dish Pizza (Heartland & Mid-America): A taste of the iconic stuffed deep-dish pizza inspired by the famous Giordano’s pizza recipe. The flavor celebration will take place at Navy Pier in Chicago, Ill., on August 11.
- Fried Pickles with Ranch (Midwest): A deep-fried favorite at Midwest state fairs, you can’t pass up the opportunity to try this fair food fav. The flavor celebration will take place at Missouri State Fair in Sedalia, Minn., from August 16 – 18, with Hannah Hart on August 16.
- Lobster Roll (Northeast): Inspired by the lobster shacks of the Northeast, fans can now get the taste of fresh lobster served on a buttery grilled roll. The flavor celebration will take place at Maine Lobster Festival in Rockland, Maine, from August 1 – 5, with Hannah Hart on August 2.
- Pimento Cheese (Southeast): Inspired by Sunday socials and Southern charm, this flavor is a taste of creamy sharp cheddar with a hint of cayenne pepper. The flavor celebration will take place at Shrimp & Grits Festival at Jekyll Island, Ga., from September 14 – 16.
- Thai Sweet Chili (Pacific Northwest): The food truck scene of the Pacific Northwest inspired this flavor, boasting the delicious blend of sweet chili sauce with a hint of heat. The flavor celebration will take place at Bite of Seattle from July 20 – 22, with Hannah Hart on July 20.
You may also like: