The BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Convention is set to return to the Pontchartrain Civic and Convention Center on August 14 and August 15.
Organizers say the event builds on LEGO’s popularity and ingenuity with attractions all centered around those favorite plastic building blocks. This year’s convention marks the third annual BrickUnverse in New Orleans after sold-out events in 2020 and 2019.
Past events allowed LEGO fans to enjoy live builds, meet professional artists and see life-sized LEGO models.
Organizers say there are several new attractions and LEGO creations for 2021, along with several changes for this year’s event.
The event will include three timed sessions per day to help with better crowd control and management. This year’s event will also emphasize more visual attractions, with less things to touch, organizers say.
In addition, there will be larger event spaces with larger aisles for better social distancing.
All event changes due to COVID-19 are subject to change and will be taken in with guidance from local government and health officials. More details on COVID-19 guidelines for the event will be announced in the coming months.
BrickUniverse will also bring renowned professional LEGO artists from around the world to New Orleans.
LEGO artists who will display at the convention include San Diego-based Jonathan Lopes, Chicago-based Rocco Buttliere, Dallas-based Lia Chan, and Vancouver-based Paul Hetherington. At the event, they will be available to talk to attendees about their life as professional LEGO artists. More professional LEGO artists that will be at the show will be announced in the future.
Other BrickUniverse attractions include:
- LEGO City: Massive LEGO City Creations built by top LEGO artists
- LEGO Retail: several specialized merchants selling LEGO merchandise, minifigures, custom accessories, and goodies
- LEGO Spaceships: Out of this world LEGO Nasa creations built by Lia Chan
- The World in Bricks: Over 50 world landmarks built in LEGO by Rocco Buttliere
- Brick Superheroes and Villains: Several Creations depicting everyone’s favorite heroes and villains in LEGO; including Batman, The Joker, Wonder Woman, Ironman, and Captain America
Tickets for the event, which cost $14.99, plus taxes and fees, are on sale now via the BrickUniverse website at www.brickuniverse.com/neworleans.
Stay connected with NOLA Weekend!
NOLA Weekend is the ultimate destination for New Orleans food, things to do, culture, and lifestyle.