Reopening businesses breathe life back into Downtown New Orleans during efforts to restore some sense of normalcy and provide options for shoppers.
Recent reopenings of Canal Place and The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk give shoppers more options for curbside shopping and, in some cases, in-store shopping.
At Canal Place, store openings, at limited capacity, include Saks Fifth Avenue and Anthropologie. Louis Vuitton and Mignon Faget are among the stores offering curbside shopping.
The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk also announced a list of retailers offering curbside pick-up like Levi’s and Kay Jewelers Outlet.
Many historic retailers with a deep-rooted history in the heart of Downtown are also open for business. Landmark Downtown merchants like Meyer the Hatter and Rubensteins have opened doors.
The Downtown Development District team says they continue to sanitize high-touch points throughout Downtown. Some sanitization measures include daily wiping down of trash receptacles, benches, and other touchpoints with disinfectant, including pressure washing transit shelters and public sidewalks.
“The entire Downtown Development District (DDD) team continues to wish you good health as we make our way back to normal. As always, the DDD is working to preserve the thriving Downtown New Orleans that we have built together and preparing to propel Downtown to new heights on the other side of COVID-19,” Downtown Development president and CEO Kurt Weigle said in a statement on the website.
The Downtown Development District released a list of retailers currently operating downtown:
- Arhaus – Now open Monday – Saturday 11AM – 7PM and Sunday 12PM – 6PM.
- Aunt Sally’s Pralines – No-contact, curbside pickup available Monday – Friday 9am – 3p. Orders and payment may be handled over the phone (504-944-6090) or at their website.
- Canal Place – Following Phase One guidelines, Canal Place stores with exterior entrances may begin to reopen at 25% of permitted capacity. Curbside Pickup may be offered by stores with no exterior entrances.
- DNO – Online store is open. www.dno.la. In-person store closed.
- Fischer’s Jewelers – Their website is open for online orders and can also be reached at (504) 810-6667. Follow them on social media on as social media platforms facebook, instagram, and twitter.
- Food Art – Open for pick-up and offering catering on as-needed basis | Please call M-F from 10:00am – 2:00pm | (504) 524-2381.
- Freda – Online store is open. In person store is closed.
- Friend – Now open daily 10AM – 6 PM.
- Jos. A Bank – Store Hours 10am to 4pm Monday – Saturday. Closed Sunday till further notice. Cleaning and Health guidelines are being strictly practiced and monitored.
- Lukka Boutique – Open Mon. – Fri. 10 AM – 6PM. Closed Sun. Call 504.218.7113 to place a phone order. Free local shipping or free local delivery. Call ahead for curbside pick up.
- Meyer the Hatter – Open 10:00am – 5:45pm Monday – Saturday | (504) 525-1048 | Click here to view a short video!
- The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk – In accordance with Phase Two Reopening Plan, The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk will reopen to the public, Saturday, June 13th with limited hours of Monday – Saturday 11:00 am-7:00 pm and Sundays 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm at 50% capacity. Individual store hours may vary.
- Q Clothier / Rye 51 – Open Tues. Sat. 11 AM – 5 PM by appointment only. 504.264.7788. Face masks available for purchase. Also, donating masks to Children’s hospitals. Online shirt builder available for ordering from home. Zoom consults available for virtual appointments.
- Royal Praline Co. – Online store is open.
- Rubenstein’s – Rubensteins is OPEN FOR BUSINESS. In addition to shopping in store from 10am – 5pm Monday through Saturday, they also offer private appointments, personalized style boxes delivered to your home or office door as well as video calls. You can call the store at (504) 581-6666 | Click here to schedule a time | Click here to view a short video!
- Southern Paws Pet Store – Online store is open.
- Stonefree – Open Mon. – Sat. 11AM – 4 PM for in-store shopping. Also, offering free shipping and curbside pickups. 504.304.5485
For more information and updates, visit the Downtown Development District website.
Created in partnership with the Downtown Development District