A new festival spotlighting sno-balls lands on summer festival lineup. The inaugural Sneauxball Fest is set to debut in New Orleans East on July 4.
The festival will take place in the 5900 block of Bullard Avenue on the grounds of Miracle Plaza. The event is scheduled to take place from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Organizers are planning for local vendors serving a wide variety of sno-balls and New Orleans-style food.
Festival-goers can also enjoy local music and interactive children’s activities along with their sno-balls. In addition, several merchant vendors will be onsite selling their unique gifts and products.
SneauxBall Fest is an initiative spearheaded by New Orleans city councilmember Cyndi Nguyen. Nguyen is councilmember for District E.
“SneauxBall Fest was created to focus on creating opportunities for small business owners and to bring family fun activities to District E, Where Family Comes First! Our team has taken a proactive approach to continue highlighting opportunities and growth in the district and in the city of New Orleans. SneauxBall Fest will too be included as one of the many cultural events presented in the city to improve the quality of life for local residents and ensures steady flow of tourism into the city,” according to a release announcing the event.
Organizers released a preview of scheduled events to take place at the inaugural event:
- Car Show: Hott Rodd Productions will feature a car show for car lovers displaying different modern and antique cars.
- Essence of Tomorrow: Mississippi-born, Louisiana-raised singer-songwriter and soul artist Tonya Boyd-Cannon, known for her stint on “The Voice,” in conjunction with Rise My Child will host “Essence of Tomorrow.” The event will create a foundation for young local talents to foster support and provide them an opportunity to be on center stage.
- Business Networking Happy Hour: There will be a Business Networking Happy Hour event to attract young entrepreneurs who are seeking for support and mentoring opportunity. This event will focus on how do local small business owners get access to opportunities in the city of New Orleans.
- Greek Step Show: The Greek Step Competition will feature a competitive battle between different Greek organizations.
- Family Concert: A family concert will wrap the fest featuring local musicians and artists. Families can come out with their chairs and enjoy the community talent.
For more information about SneauxBall Fest, visit the website.