Halloween season brings out some of the scariest horror movie villains of all time.
In honor of spooky season, FrontierBundles rounded up each state’s most popular horror movie villain according to Google Trends data. Findings show Chucky is Louisiana’s most googled horror movie villain for 2019.
The killer doll is also popular among residents in California, Illinois, Mississippi, Nevada and New Mexico.
Okay, go ahead, cue Michael Jackson’s Thriller. The song isn’t about villains but it totally puts us in the mood.
Keep reading to see what villain is spooking out the rest of the country.
If you’re really into scary movies, here are some facts you might find interesting:
- Aliens were the top horror villains in Alaska and Washington, which are among the top five states for unexplained UFO sightings.
- While the original It, Carrie, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre came out pre-2000, all have been remade in the last decade.
- Halloween is set in Illinois, but the real Haddonfield is in New Jersey, where producer Debra Hill is from.
- Jack Torrance, main character from ‘The Shining’, peaks as the most searched movie villain in a whopping ten states.
- Real-life killer Ed Gein is from Wisconsin, but the muse for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Psycho was most searched for only in Texas.
Over the last 12 months, Frontier Bundles selected 12 popular villains from classic, pre-2000 horror movies and used Google Trends to analyze their search volume.
Stay connected with NOLA Weekend!
NOLA Weekend is the ultimate destination for New Orleans food, things to do, culture, and lifestyle.